Wednesday, June 29, 2005

The (all-new) Freedom Tower unveiled...

The re-vamped Freedom Tower is being unveiled today. The New York Times has the story on the new tower here.

The tower is now a far cry from the design selected several years ago. (See my post on the original design here.)

At its base, the Freedom Tower would be 200 feet square, like the twin towers and the two voids that are to be created in their place as part of the Sept. 11 memorial. Mr. Childs said the new building's "most important role is being a marker in the sky of the memorial."

Here are a few renderings of what the Freedom Tower, and the NY skyline will look like...








To me, this is not as graceful as the original, but I'm not student of architecture, and I'm sure that solid base will be easier to justify. Click here for a viewpoint from Curbed.

4 comments:

Ayoye said...

Recycling is good, if you are looking to sell your old items go to one of thesebandes announcebandes announce it's better for all of us to recycle what we don't use anymore. read why on my blog, if you don't like this idea, maybe someone else will.

Christian said...

Really great blog! I noticed a mention about reactive arthritis . I thought you might be interested to hear that both my parents and several of their friends have had problems with arthritis and we have been very lucky to have come across Bioflow. They are sold at reactive arthritis and they have been worth every penny. They don't seem to work for everyone but they have helped reduce the pain in my parents arthritis so that they almost don't notice it any longer. They'd still be taking painkillers if it wasn't for wearing a Bioflow on their wrist

Tom Naka said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you! I have a united health care ins
site/blog. It pretty much covers united health care ins
related stuff.

Anonymous said...

Your message on consolidation is great! I have a site on consolidate debt keyword
Your readers might find interesting. You can check it out at: http://www.apexconsolidation.com